Lip augmentation or lip enhancement is a popular cosmetic procedure which aims to enhance the lips; creating a fuller and plumper appearance.
- Lip augmentation canbeadministered through surgical or non-surgical procedures.
- Fat and collagen injections are the two most common injectable fillers in the non-surgical treatment process.
- The surgicalprocedure for lip augmentation provides permanent results; whereas non-surgical methods have temporary effects.
Lip Augmentation Non-SurgicalProcedure:
Nonsurgical ways for enhancing lips and making them look fuller, plumper and more attractive. They may be done via injectable fat or injectable liquid collagen or may be done with the use of lip plumper.
Lip Plumper: Lip plumper provides temporary results that can give you the lips you are looking for. Applying lip plumper on your lips keeps them fuller and plumper for at least a minimum of 6 hours. When you apply the plumper to your lips; the blood supply to your lips increases and your lips start receiving an increased blood flow; this enhanced level of blood helps them look fuller.
Injectable Fat Filler: Injecting fat into the lips helps in increasing the volume and therefore, makes them look bigger, fuller and more attractive. Results normally last for 3-4 months.
Injectable Collagen Fillers: Liquid collagen injections is the most popularly method for increasing the size of the lips in the lip augmentation process. This effects of the procedure also lasts for about 3-4 months. However, because the filler is animal-based you should have an allergy test prior to the procedure. For more information on injectable lip enhancement visit http://miraclinic.com.au/lip-injectionslip-enhancement/
Lip Augmentation SurgicalProcedure:
Here the synthetic materials are used as implants; the implants are processed or placed into the lips during surgery. There is a varied range of implant sizes available to suit your individual needs and the results are permanent.
Pros of Lip Augmentation:
- The patient can get back to a normal routine in just a few hours after having non-surgical lip augmentation treatment.
- High grade and long lasting implants provide you with a natural feel to your lips and are also made from natural substances, so the chance of an allergic reaction is rare.
- These implants are easily inserted into the lips and have minimal risk while implanting.
- The non-surgical collagen or fat injection and the temporary lip plumper used for the lip enhancement; are very impressive in their result which leads to attractive, fuller, bigger and plumper lips.
Cons of Lip Augmentation:
- In some individuals, surgery may lead to the risk of excessive bleeding and swelling in the lips, though both are temporary.
- Surgery can result in excessive pain but this varies from patient to patient.
- The lip plumper method is used for temporary lip enhancement but it may result in a burning sensation in some patients.
- Redness, itchiness, irritation etc are some of the most common side effects in collagen injections due to allergic reaction.